Wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours are our speciality. We have years of experience with all types of services and settings, and have hundreds of satisfied past clients. We offer advice, guidance and planning tools to help you design this aspect of your wedding so as to impart true elegance, romance and significance.
Some common booking scenarios:
- A one hour contract is usually perfect for most ceremonies. We book from about 15 to 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony to provide “prelude” music while your guests are assembling. We are available for any and all music needed during your ceremony, and can provide postlude music if needed.
- If you are planning a longer ceremony, like a Catholic Mass, you can take advantage of the ½ hour increment by booking 1 ½ hours.
- The average ceremony and cocktail hour combination would involve 2 hours of booking time.
- If you have a very short ceremony and want us for the cocktail hour, sometimes it works to book 1½ hours.
- A cocktail hour, as the name implies, is usually a one hour booking. Often we also play dinner music or for entire receptions when the guest list is smaller and only light music is required.
- We can augment our duo with other musicians. For example by adding bass and drums we can become a full jazz quartet; add a vocalist and we’ll become a band that can play and sing pop and rock dance tunes. Pricing depends on instrumentation and booking time.